Below you can find all articles from VehicleScene.com on the subject of car maintenance and repair.
Nobody is born with the knowledge of how to maintain and keep their vehicles running in perfect working order.
But many tasks can be considered routine and easy to perform for most people, if only we had the right information and guidance.
With that in mind, what follows is a library of content that will teach you step by step how to maintain and perform basic repairs on your vehicles, to keep them in tip top condition, running efficiently and extend their working life.
We cover everything from checking and replacing fluids and engine maintenance, to how to care for your bodywork and windows. We include easy to follow guides for many tasks, as well as recommending the best products to help you in such tasks.
In this section we take a look at the engine. We cover routine tasks you can perform to keep it running well, what symptoms to look out for that may mean some action is needed, and some routine repairs and maintenance tasks you can perform yourself at home.
Top Posts in This Section
Further Posts on Engine Maintenance and Repair
- Symptoms of a Bad Fuel Filter
- How Long Do Brake Pads Last?
- How Long Does A Car Battery Last? When to Replace it
- How Long Does It Take To Charge A Car Battery?
- How Often Should You Change Spark Plugs?
- How Tight Should Spark Plugs Be?
- How to Clean a Catalytic Converter?
- How to Clean an O2 Sensor?
- How to Flush a Radiator Safely?
- Manual vs. Automatic Transmission: Pros and Cons of Each
- Oil On Spark Plugs: Causes, Solutions & Prevention
- Spark Plug Diagnosis
- How to Remove an Oil Filter Without a Wrench
Bodywork Maintenance and Repair
Take pride in your vehicle’s appearance? Of course you do. But your vehicles bodywork is more important than for mere aesthetics! It also adds strength and rigidity, important factors for efficiency and safety of your car.
In this section, we take a look at basic maintenance and repair tasks of your cars bodywork and windows.
Tire Maintenance and Repair
Your tires are literally what keeps you on the road. They need sufficient grip to be able to do so, and this means keeping an eye on tread depth, inflation levels, and any cracking and damage.
In this section you will find our articles devoted to getting the longest life out of your tires, and how to make sure they are capable of keeping your car safe and gripped to the road.
There are various fluids that are absolutely essential to the running of your car, from the fuel that powers it, to oil that keeps it lubricated and preventing it seizing, to coolant to stop overheating.
In this section you will find all our articles related to vehicles fluids: What fluids to use, why, how to check their levels and how to top or change fluids when the need arises.
Top Posts on Vehicle Fluids
Further Posts on Vehicle Fluids
- 10w30 vs 10w40 Oil
- Antifreeze Vs Coolant – What is the Difference?
- Does Diesel Fuel Go Bad?
- Does Motor Oil Expire?
- How Long Does An Oil Change Take?
- How Much Does an Oil Change Cost?
- How Often Should You Change Transmission Fluid?
- How to Change Coolant
- How to Change Transmission Fluid?
- How to Check and Add Transmission Fluid To Your Car
- How to Dispose of Antifreeze – Environmentally Friendly!
- How to Dispose of Old Gas – DO NOT Dispose of it Irresponsibly
- How to Pump Your Own Gas
Maintenance Product Buying Guides
In this section, we offer buying guides and advice on the best products on the market related to car maintenance and repair.
From synthetic oil and antifreeze, to head gasket sealers, from rust removers and converters to fuel injector cleaners, we have scoured the market to provide advice on the best products you can find in these categories.
Top Buying Guides
Further Buying Guides and Recommended Products
- Brake Pads
- Cabin Air Filters
- Fuel Injector Cleaners
- Head Gasket Sealers
- Octane Boosters
- Oil Filters
- Rust Converters
- Rust Prevention Sprays
- Rust Removers
- Transmission Fluids
Miscellaneous Maintenance Posts
Below you will find the remainder of our articles on car maintenance and repair, that though still important, do not quite fit into one of the sub-categories above.
Top Posts in This Section
Remaining Miscellaneous Maintenance Posts
- Best Place To Get An Oil Change
- Car Overheating: Causes and What to Do About It
- How Often to Change Cabin Air Filter?
- How to Start a Car With a Bad Starter
- Neutral Safety Switch: What It Does & How To Fix A Faulty One